Re: Now is the winter of our dis-CONTENT

Subject: Re: Now is the winter of our dis-CONTENT
From: "Jenny Ruhanen" <jmr2 -at- cbord -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 14:33:21 -0500

I'm the sole writer for my division and write, edit, etc. user
documentation, training guides, release notes and quick guides for our
products. I also manage the parts of our intranet and public Web pages
used to distribute documentation and release notes.

My division provides several different privilege control systems
for universities/colleges, corporations, and hospitals and a housing
management system for universities/colleges and residential facilities. The
other division makes food service management, nutritional, and catering
software. There's one tech writer in that division.

My job keeps me busy, especially with all the changes to the products.
Plus I'm playing catch-up because there was quite a lag between the
time the previous tech writer quit and the time I was hired. It's
a challenge, right?

What's interesting is that, because I work with all the products,
I'm in a good position to spot inconsistencies and/or omissions between the
various products. I think that's been appreciated.

Jenny Ruhanen
Technical Writer
The CBORD Group, Inc.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com