Looking for recommendations for really USABLE Support websites

Subject: Looking for recommendations for really USABLE Support websites
From: "Marguerite Krupp" <mkrupp -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:40:44 -0500

Folks,

I'm posting this for a friend, but I'm also interested myself. Thank you for
sharing your thoughts/experiences.

Marguerite Krupp and Maria Christina Panos
In these days of phone support on-hold muzak breaking to remind us---in case
we hadn't thought of it ourselves(!)---that we could just as easily find
information at a company's website, I'm wondering if you could recommend or
if you have been impressed by the usability of any Support website(s),
especially for technical information. If you cannot provide one or more
specific sites I would be interested to know your opinion of the general
strengths and weaknesses of such sites, based on experience.

* For example, did the site's search capability yield exactly what you
wanted to know? Did a particular component of a support site consistently
yield good results in a timely fashion, such as a discussion board or chat
area?

* If you have NEVER had a good experience with seeking technical info
via a support site, tell me why not (e.g., the results of a keyword search
were about as numerous as the search matches on eBay for "glass" or "book"
on amazon.com).

* No need to spend more than a couple of minutes in your reply. Am
doing this quick poll to see if there are any strategies which a particular
project might be able to benefit from or foibles to stear clear of.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com