Re: The Burden of Screen Captures

Subject: Re: The Burden of Screen Captures
From: "Broberg, Mats" <mats -dot- broberg -at- flir -dot- se>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:18:47 -0700

> Is this really the most effective way to describe how to use the
> menus and dialog boxes? My impression is that this technique is
> was generally replaced by the task-oriented procedural approach
> sometime in the mid-1990s. I don't know your app, so I could be
> way off base...

Well, in my opinion a good manual includes both a task-oriented section
and a reference section where all dialog boxes and menus are explained.
Surely I am not the only one who gets annoyed by e.g. Adobe's approach in
their manuals, - "You can do this or that" or "You can do so and so"
instead of detailed explanations of the dialog boxes? So the bottom line
is yes, this section is needed.

> Are you sure *you* need to do it? Often development shops will
> leave this kind of work up to their overseas distributors who
> wish to sell it... Is this an option for you?

I'm afraid not.

Best regards,
Mats Broberg

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com