Acrobat email links

Subject: Acrobat email links
From: markl -at- dicecorp -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 16:26:00 -0700

I used the Acrobat PDFMaker 4.05 for Word to automatically distill and
create a PDF for a manual. Since I was not aware that Acrobat could
automatically create bookmarks, links, etc., I was happy to discover these
features (opposed to just using Distiller and doing everything manually).

However, it treated email addresses as web links; another problem was that
it created the email links inconsistently: 10 of 15 are not automatically
recognized as web links, and the 5 that Acrobat recognizes open a web
browser in additon to a new email message.

QUESTION: does anyone know how to make Acrobat email links, where when the
user clicks the link, only a new email is opened? OR, is there a good way
to fix these links that (partially) work, preventing the links from
opening the web browser in addition to the message.

I've hunted through the online manual and the support page online and
couldn't find any good answers or things to try...any ideas would be much
appreciated....thanks in advance...

Mark Lockwood
Technical Writer
DICE Corporation