RE: A sobering encounter (So now what?)

Subject: RE: A sobering encounter (So now what?)
From: "Watson Angela B (ext1abr)" <ext1abr -at- ups -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 11:50:01 -0500

Hello All,

I am one of the lurkers here at Techwr-l, thanks for all the good info.

Well on to the Tech Writing dilema, at my current gig, I have been told more
than once that it is good that I am here. I see the "big" picture a lot
clearer than the coders do sometimes. Also, I actually have them (the
coders) coming to me and asking me about the business rules that are
supporting the application.

I have worked in Tech Writing for 10 years and prior to that I was a
mainframe coder. I have seen the font fiddlers and the style savy gurus
that exist in our line of work...they were thrown out with the bath water.
The most important thing to remember is know the work process or system you
are documenting, I believe this is where "good" content comes from.....ok I
am getting off my soap box now.

My 2 cents,
Angie Watson

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com