RE: Does the new RoboHelp really handle print manuals better?

Subject: RE: Does the new RoboHelp really handle print manuals better?
From: "Miller, Alan" <Alan -dot- Miller -at- prometric -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 15:10:23 -0500

I agree with Geoff... with some amplification. I've tried RoboHelp's (RoboHelp 2002) printed manual function (from HTML Help) and was disappointed. The amount of work needed to turn the results into something useful and even marginally professional-looking was prohibitive. I found it far faster and easier to create the printed manual in Word (substitute the word-torturing device of your choice) and export to HTML. I could then import the bits I wanted to reuse in the online help with a minimum of fuss, muss, or bother.

Al Miller
"Chief Documentation Curmudgeon"
Prometric, Inc., a part of The Thomson Corporation
Baltimore, Maryland

No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously.
-- Dave Barry