RE: A sobering encounter (So now what?)

Subject: RE: A sobering encounter (So now what?)
From: "Kight, Cindy K." <Cindy -dot- Kight -at- Gilbarco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 13:54:09 -0800

Un-lurking myself to bring up a point on unionizing.

Most unions have some sort of leverage - the workers can go on strike.

Nurses, air traffic controllers, garbage collectors, professional baseball
players, coal miners, auto workers, etc., have all gone on strike and had
the leverage to get their demands met.

People have little tolerance for waiting for health care, having their
garbage in the streets, or not being able to get coal to heat their homes.
But I just don't see anybody saying, "We can't live without documentation!
Give them what they want - now!"

Just a point for discussion.

Cindy Kight
Technical Communications Manager