Journaling your work (was RE: So...ya wanna be noticed, huh?)

Subject: Journaling your work (was RE: So...ya wanna be noticed, huh?)
From: Rebecca Downey <rdowney -at- matrox -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 17:44:51 -0500

Does anyone else journal their work? And if so, how.

One example can be found here:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?K26A219A2
(redirects to a Oct 28, 2002 column by Lee Copeland titled: "Keeping
a Project Journal, A key to personal growth" at stickyminds.com)

I don't agree with everything he says, but since i recently switched
divisions, it has helped me juggle several projects and deadlines. I use one
Microsoft Outlook task per document.

How it relates:
Professionalism, so far as I've seen, seems to be equated with
having a good memory for facts, figures and changes. Journaling helps me
keep the facts (and the questions) straight and even provides a basis from
which I can identify further changes and conflicts; thereby finding more
ways to add value to the product.
Rebecca Downey Senior Technical Writer
Imaging, Matrox Electronic System
1055 St Regis, Dorval, Quebec, H9P 2T4