VBA Question

Subject: VBA Question
From: "Sue Ahrenhold" <SAhrenhold -at- IpdSolution -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 15:21:36 -0500

I seem to have gotten myself in over my head with what I thought was going to be a simple little capture keystrokes Word macro.

We insert a Watermark onto the pages of our manuals, anchoring the graphic to the odd and even footers.
So I turn on Record Macro, shifted the View to Header/Footer, and inserted the graphic. When I went to position the graphic, all the advanced features were grayed out.

Oh, says I and opened the Macro and associated help.

Well, it seems that Word inserts the Pix as an InlineShape (see 1 below), and one cannot apply positional settings to Inline Shapes

(1) Selection.InlineShapes.AddPicture FileName:= _
"C:\ActualPathname\generic_watermark.gif" LinkToFile:=False, SaveWithDocument:=True

So, thinks I, I convert to a shape. See 2 below for my attempt at this.

(2) Selection.InlineShapes(1).ConvertToShape

But, then, how do I set the Repative Position on the Page?
I tried 3, but this isn't it.

(3) Selection.ShapeRange (1)
.RelativeHorizontalPosition = wdRelativeHorizontalPositionPage
.RelativeVerticalPosition = wdRelativeVerticalPositionParagraph

Thanks.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com