Re: HELP! xml-to-mif conversion

Subject: Re: HELP! xml-to-mif conversion
From: Chris <cud -at- telecable -dot- es>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 12:11:06 +0100

I would guess the best way to convert XML to MIF would be to open the XML in Maker 7. You may want to create an EDD beforehand if you want to automagically format the elements as they come in. This will especially make sense if you plan on working with this specific brand (DT? Schema?) of XML over a significant period of time.
You may have to tweak the XML a little - or you may have to create a structure APP to provide external entities, DTD, etc... But I suspect all that, even creating an EDD, would be easier than transforming the XML into MIF.

Help! Any pointers are appreciated!

john -at- johnweiss -dot- org wrote:

I need to import an xml file to a FrameMaker doc. I want to convert the
xml to mif and then import the mif into my frame file. I know very little
about XSLT, DocBook, and the like. I suspect that there are several ways I
can do this using XLST, DocBook, and so on; however, I have no experience
with these things and need some pointers in the right direction. Thanks in
advance for the help.

--
Chris Despopoulos, maker of CudSpan Freeware...
Plugins to Enhance FrameMaker & FrameMaker+SGML

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com