RE: Description of Tech Writers

Subject: RE: Description of Tech Writers
From: "Marguerite Krupp" <mkrupp -at- cisco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 10:53:12 -0500

This discussion makes me wish Jane Carnall were on the list now. I imagine
she'd have a most interesting contribution!

OK, I'll play, too.

I am a writer spending the winter in a picturesque summer colony on the
rockbound coast of Maine. I have few neighbors, but they're all dug in for
the winter, like me. I have fortified myself with extra firewood, a
generator, a freezer full of moose meat and fish, a root cellar full of
potatoes, beets, carrots, and turnips, which is what the rest of the world
calls "rooterbagers" or some such foolishness.

I write mostly nonfiction, with the occasional play and poem thrown in. It's
so beautiful here, so cold, how could one resist? For money, I telecommute
to one of those high-tech places up around Boston, and when I need to, I
take that new train out of Portland. But mostly, I'm here, laughing at my
former colleagues on the left coast, with their white wine and swimming
pools and golden tans. THIS is real living.

Now I've got to give my snowshoes one more coat of spar varnish so they'll
be ready for the next No'theast starm. Ay-uh!

Marguerite

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com