Taming Word's Autonumbering

Subject: Taming Word's Autonumbering
From: "Jeff Hanvey" <jewahe -at- lycos -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:04:02 -0500

We're deep into writing the manual for our next software release, but Word's
Autonumbering is possessed (as most of you know). I've never had much luck
with the bu...er, feature, but my manager has challenged me to tame the
beast.

I've tried the little macro that's floated around the web (relating Word to
RoboHelp's autonumber), but it results in freakish styles.

Now, I'm a fairly advanced user of Word. I can write simple macros, but
nothing major. I also can use Word's styles, but I'm not an expert on them
either...

Can someone give me a nice, easy way to tame the beast - to reset numbering,
keep the corporate style, et cetera?

I'm greatly appreciative...Thanks in advance...

Jeff Hanvey
Augusta, GA
jewahe -at- lycos -dot- co -dot- uk
http://www.jewahe.net