RE: Taming Word's Autonumbering

Subject: RE: Taming Word's Autonumbering
From: "Mike Bradley" <mbradley -at- techpubs -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:56:48 -0800

I built a template using the 7 laws of Word numbering and it works fine
except for appendices, which challenged my anger abatement training so I
gave up on them. I can't recall where I got the file; it was written for
Word 97 but it applies all the way to Word XP.

Since the whole company was using my template, I also put a custom menu
of my doc styles in the formatting toolbar and forbade everyone to use
the standard styles list. Most of them ignore that until they start
exchanging drafts with others in the company and the numbering goes all
to heck, at which point my moles in the group announce, "We wouldn't
have these problems if you'd follow Mike's instructions."

= Mike Bradley
Tech Pubs

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com