RE: Anyone know anything about The Help Factory?

Subject: RE: Anyone know anything about The Help Factory?
From: "Oja, Kelly" <Kelly -dot- Oja -at- Kingland -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 11:01:31 -0600

Okay,
I am perfectly willing to let this thread die, but I have to say that in my
opinion the terms "libelous" and "witch-hunting" seem a bit strong to me. I
did indeed state that I do not believe the website in question is reputable,
and I stated the lack of contact information and the lack of any kind of
invoice as reasons. I stand by my opinion based on these two facts. This is
not libel, it is my opinion, a.k.a. freedom of speech.

I will admit that I may have assumed too much on how the software was
obtained. I apologize for any comment I made about that part of my argument,
but I did not make any accusation about the software being unlicensed nor
did I post the registry information. But whoever did, kudos to you. Why
should there be a mystery of who is operating a particular website?

As a writer with a multi-faceted background, I believe this listserv is one
the of the best I have belonged to in some time. We ask questions, answer
them, and throw ideas around. Occasionally we get a little side tracked and
have a little fun and express some creativity, i.e. the 'Description'
thread. But what is wrong with questioning or criticizing something?
Criticism of work exists in our field, it exists in everything in life.
Criticism makes us better at what we do. As for questioning, you cannot take
something as fact simply because it exists or it might be politically
incorrect to do so.

This listserv serves a good purpose, take what you need and leave what you
don't. I have yet to see any spamming or flaming on this listerv, and I hope
it stays that way. I have seen honesty and plenty of opinions here as well.
Obviously the opinions on the current subject riled a few feathers here and
there, but just because someone's views differ from yours does not make
theirs wrong... just different.

Kelly

Albert von Szent-Gyorgyi 1893-1986
"Discovery consists in seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what
nobody has thought."

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com