Fun with Fonts

Subject: Fun with Fonts
From: Syed Ahmed <SAhmed -at- DKSYSTEMS -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:26:55 -0600

Hi Techwrlers!

Below are links to two articles that poke some fun at the use of fonts.
These articles are from The Onion. For those of you that are unfamiliar with
The Onion, it's a weekly, free newspaper in the US that contains mostly
fictional news (excepting some music, movie and book reviews). These are
not real pieces of news, but social commentary in the guise of ridiculous
news stories. It's pure entertainment, and shouldn't be taken seriously at
all. With all the heated discussions we have here regarding fondling fonts,
I thought these articles may give you a laugh, hoping that sometimes we can
all take ourselves a little less seriously. :)

Happy Holidays Everyone!

http://www.theonion.com/onion3730/helvetica_sweeps_fontys.html

http://www.theonion.com/onion3108/fontlyspeaking.html

Syed