Re: Can we please return to tech writing?

Subject: Re: Can we please return to tech writing?
From: Herbert van Kampen <music -at- pinc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 00:38:51 -0800

Hi:

"Cold Missouri Waters" was actually written by James Keelaghan and is
recorded on his "Recent Future" CD (and a fine song, and recording, it
is).

Herbert van Kampen
Galliard Music
#101 - 3 Fan Tan Alley
Victoria, B.C.
Canada
V8W 3G9
phone: (250) 920-5575
email: music -at- pinc -dot- com
website: http://www.galliardmusic.com

>Emily Berk wrote:
>
> Just wanted to say that the topic of
what music we are listening to is
profoundly on-topic for me lately.

> I am being treated so abysmally at work
that I find I have to cry all the stress
out before I can drive home.

> So, I've found this terrible but
beautiful song that makes me just weep
buckets every time I hear it. I listen
to it before I start the car and, by the
time I've gotten through it, I realize
that other people do actually have it
worse than I do. By the time I get home,
I'm almost human again. Sometimes I
listen to it on the way to work to, so I
can face the day without crying in the
office.

> The song is "Cold Missouri Waters". It
was written and is sung by Richard
Shindell and is on a CD appropriately
named "Cry, Cry, Cry". The song is in
the first-person and is about the first
person who figured out that setting a
backfire can save your life. Apparently
this guy was in charge of 14 people, 13
of whom died in a fire when they refused
to follow his order to step into the
backfire he set. They died, he lived to
regret surviving.

> So, anyway, I listen to this and I
think -- well, my life is not as bad as
this, at least.

> Best wishes for a much happier new
year, everyone.

> --Emily

Order RoboHelp X3 today and receive a $100 mail in rebate and a FREE
WebHelp Merge Module for merging multiple Help systems on any desktop
or server. Order online today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com