RE: Use of Recruiters (Was RE: Is the economy improving?)

Subject: RE: Use of Recruiters (Was RE: Is the economy improving?)
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 12:30:10 -0500

Greg...excuse the question (I know right now, some of you think I'm not
worthy of talking to), but why would you eliminate a possible resource for
finding a position by making a blanket decision to not use recruiters when
you need them most?

1) You aren't obligated to work with any of them
2) Everyone you took the advice from appears to already have a job.
3) I can understand a recruiter telling you that...more for them and less
for their competition.

>Because the economy was so bad in the Bay area, I was advised
>by a number of managers, writers and even recruiters to avoid
>using recruiters in a job hunt. Now I am getting a couple of
>unsolicited calls from recruiters.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com