Re: Anyone use Ragtime?

Subject: Re: Anyone use Ragtime?
From: Jan Henning <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 20:36:50 +0100

Just got back from MacWorld, no sign of FrameMaker. I did run across a vendor for RagTime (v5). I used it many years ago, was a bit clunky to set up, but I liked the integration of graphics, spreadsheet, word processing, and page layout in one application. The vendor said 1/4 million copies are in use in Europe, I'm wondering how widespread the use is and what your evaluation of the program is.

The application is in fairly wide use here. I don't know any numbers, but I'd assume that it is used more often than FrameMaker. For long documents, it is no real alternative, but it is very good for a lot of other layout and office communication tasks, especially since you have full spreadsheet integration. It does, however, still take some getting used to.

If you want to try it, you can download a free Windows or Mac OS copy (for private use only) from
www.ragtime-online.com/link.cgi?download_rts_program

A beta for Mac OS X is available at
www.ragtime.de/link.cgi?public_beta_x

Regards
Jan Henning

Jan Henning
ROSEMANN & LAURIDSEN GMBH
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 700 0200 0700, Fax: +49 8179 9307-12
E-Mail: henning -at- r-l -dot- de, Web: www.r-l.de

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com