Arcane FrameMaker -> Adobe Acrobat PDF hyperlink problem?

Subject: Arcane FrameMaker -> Adobe Acrobat PDF hyperlink problem?
From: guy <guy -at- hiskeyboard -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 13:47:08 -0800

[The pioneers are the guys with the arrows in their hats....]

I am using FrameMaker and maybe I'm pushing the envelope too hard?

We are still at Frame 5.5.6 (don't ask), and I am using Conditional
Text and Frame variables and text insets to do single sourcing.
I'm using Acrobat 5.

I have a text inset that contains a cross reference to another
paragraph in the document. I also have a cross reference in plain
body text to that same target paragraph.

When I convert to PDF, the body-text hyperlink works, but the hyperlink in the text inset does not -- that is, the Acrobat cursor turns from an open hand to a hand-with-pointing-finger over the hyperlink in the body text, but does not change when it is over the hyperlink in the text that came from a text inset.

In case it might be germane, there are actually a set of three different cross references at that point in the text inset, each governed by a different conditional text flag, and only one is being displayed. The cross reference in the body text (the one that DOES work as a hyperlink in the PDF) is neither conditioned nor abutted by other conditional text.

Double clicking on the cross reference in the FrameMaker file does take me to the cross reference dialog, and CTL + ALT + clicking it does take me to the destination paragraph, so the FrameMaker side of the mechanism seems to be working OK.

I have regenerated the book before printing.

I printed with the Adobe print driver.

Anybody have any clue about where to look?

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com