RE: Deadlines

Subject: RE: Deadlines
From: "Rene' Seigh" <naysay -at- knology -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 07:35:43 -0600

I've experienced deadlines and drop-dead deadlines, or "soft" and "hard"
deadlines. I write copy for a technical intranet site but I've also worked
in the software product world. In the software world, you often know when
the deadline is probably going to move and can plan accordingly. I've been
bitten by this once or twice though - thinking that a deadline was "soft"
then pulling all nighters because they are shipping software. My part has
never held up a shipment, though I've shipped things that I didn't get a
chance to adequately review and revise.

In my present position, I'm often asked to set my own deadlines, but then I
had better meet them with good quality copy or let the web manager know why
I cannot.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com