Re: SnagIt Question #2

Subject: Re: SnagIt Question #2
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 22:26:35 -0600

At 10:57 AM -0700 1/14/03, Tammy VanBoening wrote:

I am new to SnagIt and am struggling with what appears to be a very simple
function. I purchased SnagIt so that I could scroll and take screen
captures of very large Web pages (for a Web-based application for which I am
writing end-user documentation).

On one of these web pages, I have three columns of information. The columns
span the Web page horizontally and are quite long. Within each column are
sub-headers dividing the information into chunks if you will. I want to
capture each of these "chunks" on an individual basis. I select the Region
option in SnagIt and turn on AutoScroll. When I do this, I cannot for the
life of me prevent SnagIt from highlighting the window entire area covering
all three columns. I can scroll to the chunk I want for example in Column 2,
but other parts of Column 1 and Column 3 also are also part of the capture.
I can't select a particular region of column 2 and scroll down. When I turn
off AutoScroll but leave the Region option on, then OK, I can select just
parts of Column 2 to capture, but then of course, I can't scroll down as far
as I need.

Tammy,

It sounds as though you are doing nothing wrong.

The software is doing nothing wrong, is in fact operating correctly. I don't think you can capture only part of a scrolling window. You have to take all of the window.

Scott

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com