RE: How to indicate contract work on resumes?

Subject: RE: How to indicate contract work on resumes?
From: Maggie Pierce Secara <maggiros -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:00:18 -0800 (PST)

I differentiate because I've had so many short gigs in
between the "permanent" jobs. The headhunter and even
the hiring manager tend to see that and nothing else.
Even after I say that the small ones are all short
contracts, it seems like their minds are made up.
Unless absolutely required to turn in a straight
chrono resume, I break the contracts out into their
own section and put it after the perms, unless I'm
going for a contract, in which case I switch them
around :)

On the other points, it looks like we take the same
tack.

Maggie Secara
~polishing it up yet again as the (name withheld)
company I've been at for a year prepares to take a
dive. <sigh>

--- John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com> wrote:

> I don't differentiate between employee and contract
> on the resume. I don't
> work differently, so why should it matter? They may
> TREAT me differently,
> but that's their problem. If the client asks what
> type of arrangement it was
> during the interview, I tell them.
>
> I also don't include the type of company. I do
> include the type of work.
> Just the name of the company and the
> beginning/ending Month/Year.
>
> The name of the company where I was assigned. To me,
> the agency, at that
> point, is a payroll processing service. I leave them
> alone as much as
> possible and I expect them to leave me alone as much
> as possible.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com