The Lone Writer

Subject: The Lone Writer
From: <claudette69 -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:53:16 -0500

Hello:

My company just laid off a third of its staff. Those lay-offs included my
manager and the two other writers. I am now the lone tech writer and I am
still in shock and a little frightened. This is a new experience for me and
I have no idea where to start. Are there any other solo writers out there??

How do you manage your workload and projects?

How do you evaluate your work to identify where you need to improve?

What about training and career development? My new manager doesn't really
know a thing about documentation.

Is there anything I can read that address issues faced by solo writers?

Any suggestions, advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Kim

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com