Re: "An error occurred while creating Bookmarks"

Subject: Re: "An error occurred while creating Bookmarks"
From: Michelle Petersen <mpetersen74 -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 20:46:09 -0500

Hi, I'm new here and was searching for another Acrobat problem when I saw this and
saw that it didn't get any replies. I've experienced the same problem on the same set-up and found a way to fix it. I figured that I'd reply to save anyone else some of the pain that I went through with this.

Are you using graphics with callouts in your Word doc? Did you create your callouts using Word's auto-shape feature?

I've found that if I create callouts or other graphics directly in Word, I get the same error message that you did when converting to pdf. However, if I double-click the graphic to get Word to go into "picture" mode and
add the callouts, etc, in that view, I don't get the error, and my file converts to pdf just fine.

Hope this helps...

--Michelle

> Tools:
> Word 97sr-2
> Distiller 5.0
> Windows 2000 Professional
>
> Goal:
> Creating pdf from word document
>
> Problem: I get the following error:
> "An error occurred while creating Bookmarks"
> The error appears when distiller hits the same bookmark number.
>
> Question:
> What gives??? Anywhere where I can read about this error? Any thoughts?

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com