Re: high cost of print cartridges

Subject: Re: high cost of print cartridges
From: "Bill Hall" <bill -dot- hall -at- hotkey -dot- net -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 21:15:20 +1100

Personally, I have only good things to say about refill kits for existing
color printer cartridges. We have both a Canon BJC3000 and an Epson Stylus
670. We bought refill kits for both. After using the Epson for some time
with indifferent results both with original equipment and rip-off cartridges
(which were then refilled with ink kits) it was retired to a
non-heated/non-air-conditioned spare room for nearly two years when we used
the Canon as our only printer.

After my wife and I got tired of fighting over who had use of the printer,
she finally dug out the Epson, ran some ink through the cartridges that had
been in it for all that time, went through several of the printer
self-cleaning cycles and it is now printing better than it ever did (the
trick here was to set some of the custom quality functions).

Both of the printers still work fine on their diets of inexpensive
Australian inks. If hey do break down irreparably they will probably be
thrown away. My guess is that Epson and Cannon would be happy to give their
printers away if they could guarantee you bought 10 cartridges from them.

Bill Hall
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth