RE: credit check for interviews

Subject: RE: credit check for interviews
From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:46:23 -0500

Two reasons (not that I necessarily agree with them) that I know of:

1) Lots of HR types believe that credit rating is an indicator of likelihood
of honesty on the job.
2) Highly regulated financial industries HAVE to do them. Blew me away the
first time I went through one, but it didn't seem to hurt anything.

Privacy? What privacy?

MTC
Connie P. Giordano
Senior Technical Writer
Advisor Technology Services
A Fidelity Investments Company
704-330-2069 (w)
704-330-2350 (f)
704-957-8450 (c)

"You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do." - Henry Ford