RE: TWiki .draw files

Subject: RE: TWiki .draw files
From: Jeroen Dekker <Jeroen -at- Square1 -dot- nl>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 12:10:15 +0100

Justin,

If Twiki Draw offers a print function (preferably from the applet itself),
you could try printing 'to file' to any PostScript printer driver. That will
give you a PS file, and it might still be vector-based (instead of a raster
image like GIF). One route would then be to distill to PDF, open in Acrobat,
crop and export as EPS, and import that into Visio.

Another would be to batch convert the PS file(s) to WMF using our
(commercial) ps2vector software, and import that into Visio as a scalable
and editable diagram.

I don't think this print route will let you retain layers, but (if it works)
it surely beats GIF. And I also don't think that you'll find anything to
deal directly with Twiki's .draw format.

>From Visio, ps2vector can also get your diagrams into XML-standard SVG,
which might get them into the Java realm.

Jeroen Dekker

--
PS2vector - The Graphics Connection to
* MIF for FrameMaker

From: "J. Ressler" <JRessler -at- ewa-denver -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 18:13:21 -0700

<snip>

> Is there a way, other than saving to .GIF, to incorporate Twiki Draw
(.draw)
> files into a Visio file. I don't care how many hoops I have to jump
through
> to get it into a Visio file if independent formatting remains (layers).
> Incorporating from Visio to Twiki Draw would be swell too.

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com