RE: Do as they say, not as they do

Subject: RE: Do as they say, not as they do
From: DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 07:54:16 -0700

My apologies to any Microsoft TWs on this list who might have been offended by my original post.

That having been said, a style guide is not just any piece of documentation, and the case in point was not just a simple typo. It was a sentence in the style guide that directly contradicted the style guide's own rules, and that made me laugh. Believe me, there are plenty of examples of Microsoft Help text that contradict their style guide, but this one is special.

Dan Goldstein (another "i before e" violation)

> I guess the bottom line of my gripe is that we've got TWs from Microsoft
> ON THIS LIST. I feel bad when they get slammed, because among members of
> this list they are just about the only people I know whose everyday work
> is on display. So they get targeted.
>
> Keith Cronin
> whose name doggedly violates the i before e rule, as does the word "weird"

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com