Re: Bullets missing from PDF

Subject: Re: Bullets missing from PDF
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 10:35:59 -0500

"Kane, Beth" <Beth -dot- Kane -at- pearson -dot- com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I wonder if any of you have ever had this problem. None of the bullets in my
>source Word 2002 file appear in the PDF version.

Beth,

This sounds like an old Acrobat display problem that depends on the font used for creating bullets.

Please run this test and report back with the results. In Acrobat (or Reader), zoom the view to 200% or 300% and see if the bullets show up. If so, go back to the Word document, select a bulleted paragraph, click Format > Bullets and Numbering, and report back with what font and character your bullet is. If there are still no bullets when you zoom, see if you can use the text tool in Acrobat (the outline capital T) to select the space where the bullet is supposed to be. If so, try using the Touch-up Text tool to determine what font it is, and report the results. If you cannot select the bullet at all, at least make sure you have Embed All Fonts turned on in your Distiller settings.

Let us know what you find out.

Dick

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com