Re: Graphic question

Subject: Re: Graphic question
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:55:19 -0500

Keith,

While Illustrator is the tool of choice for "surgical" manipulation of a PDF, in this case Tammy started with a scanned form--an image, in other words.

If the scan is clean enough, Tammy should be able to use the Capture plug-in in Acrobat to convert all of the scanned words to text. Then Illustrator (or possibly the touch-up tools in Acrobat) could be used for cleanup.

If the scan is too weak for that, then I think it might be just as easy to open the scanned image in Photoshop and fake the changes she needs. Bring that image back into Acrobat and use Document > Replace pages to swap the revised image for the original image. This will preserve all form fields.

Tammy, if you need details on any of these (vaguely described) steps, let me know.

Dick

kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com wrote:

>If you have Adobe Illustrator (perhaps you have a "graphic guru" there),
>you can open and alter PDFs in a pretty surgical way. But you'll have to
>change each page individually - I don't know of a quick solution. Good
>luck.

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com