RE: Network graphics?

Subject: RE: Network graphics?
From: Alan Bucher <bucherino -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:12:21 -0800 (PST)

I see the same thing. Now I'll usually make the diagram the focus of
the section, with minimal accompanying text on what each component is
for. Of course, my diagrams typically take up fewer than 40 pages!
:-o

Then some links to other sections on interoperation and
configuration. But you're right, tech-oriented users want to get the
picture down in their heads first and then target specific info,
rather than reading tomes about each component.

John Posada wrote:
>I find, at least where I am now, almost everyone is a developer
>of some type and hence very computer literate. Therefore, they
>really get off on diagrams because they already know how almost
>everything technical works, they just need to know how they work
>together so that when they change X, then they become aware of
>the impact to Y, Z, B, D, and F.
>
>My experience has been that a single detailed flowchart can
>replace 20 pages or more of description.
>
>Sure, I have some procedural information, but this is the
>minority and I get more interest in my visual stuff than my
>textual stuff.
>
>Does anyone else find themselves in a similar situation?

http://shopping.yahoo.com

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com