TOOLS: narrow keyboard

Subject: TOOLS: narrow keyboard
From: "Kane, Beth" <Beth -dot- Kane -at- pearson -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:30:14 -0600

While we're on the subject of keyboards, I wanted to mention this keyboard I
love. It's a narrow keyboard that has regular key size and spacing, but the
Num keypad is lopped off: http://www.fentek-ind.com/minikb.htm#minikb

It's not quiet, but has good feel. Because it's narrow, I don't have to
reach far to use my mouse. That's the whole purpose of it, in my opinion --
ergonomics. It fits nicely beside a mouse pad on a typical under-desk
keyboard tray. One warning: you have to get used to the Ctrl key NOT being
at the extreme lower left. It's located one key to the right of that
position.

My quiet keyboard, OTOH, is an old $20 "tech solutions" that I use at home
so as not to annoy husband with nerdly sounds.

Beth Kane
Services Engineering Tech Writer
Pearson Education Technologies

If you were not an intended recipient,