RE: Why they don't ask for candidates by technology skills.

Subject: RE: Why they don't ask for candidates by technology skills.
From: jbfoster <jb -dot- foster -at- shaw -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:12:26 -0700

I can bet ... he didn't get the job.

I hope the candidate was (at the least) ashamed of himself! However, there
is nothing worse than someone who thinks 'now that I've identified who wrote
it, I'm safe with the remaining interviews.' Wouldn't even phase me,
anymore, if he continued right on with the next possible employer ... what a
sad story of desperation!

Some companies do leave their employees - with little to show others - of
their talents. I would imagine in a large company, that building a
portfolio, would be rather difficult. Especially if you didn't plan such
from the start. So maybe he was desperate ... still wrong, and sad!

Bruce

Gene wrote:

> Sometimes it's easier than others. I once interviewed a
> candidate who had worked at a company that I had worked
> for several years previously. When I asked him if he had
> brought samples of his work, he presented me with a nicely
> bound copy of a very complex user guide - that *I* had
> written while at that company.

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com