Re: Why they don't ask for candidates by technology skills.

Subject: Re: Why they don't ask for candidates by technology skills.
From: "Robert H. Strickland" <strickla -at- airmail -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 03:06:45 -0600

Hi All,

What seems odd to me is that recruiters are so preoccupied with tools. They say, "What have you got?", which translates to, "What tools do you know how to use." More valuable questions might be, "Can you diagram a process from start to finish?" or "Can you develop a coherent paragraph on a topic?." And, as John Posada reflected, a question or two about familiarity technology might be useful.

At 10:59 AM 2/14/03 -0500, you wrote:

Hi, guys...last night just as I was closing up, I saw a position for an
intermediate technical write posted on another list. What stuck me odd was
that it had a laundry list of technical writer requirements, but not one
with technology requirements.

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com