Re: System Specs

Subject: Re: System Specs
From: "Tom Herme" <therme -at- charter -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 07:40:03 -0600

This was a recent thread on the list, and this link was suggested:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/magazine/writing/softwarerequirementspecs.h
tml

Not sure how current the content is in terms of 'best practice.' It looks a
bit dated.
Are you writing functional specs., as in, "the system will do this, that, or
the other thing...."?
It doesn't sound like you are writing detailed (code level) designs.

Tom

> I have been given the task of writing a high-level System Spec for our
small
> company. This will be a new journey for me, as I've never written a spec
> before, but I'm actually looking forward to the experience (sort of).
>
> I have many questions, and would appreciate any help or suggestions.
>
> What kind of information goes into a "high-level" spec?
>
> Can anyone recommend a good template or resources on writing a system
spec?

> TIA,
>
> Lisa

single-source layouts, and more!