Educational areas to pursue

Subject: Educational areas to pursue
From: kjacobs -at- tekwrite -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 12:44:46 -0700

Hi all,
After being a freelancer for 12 years, I have taken a job as an employee.
My boss says he would like to see me pursue educational areas such as
writing certification, programming, or databases. What seems hot out
there?

I have 4-5 years of Framemaker, six years of RoboHelp, and some experience
using Dreamweaver and a LITTLE Flash. Also MS Access.

Thinking about:

-Single sourcing
-XML
-Coldfusion
-Flash
-other?

Our current client has a proprietary in-house app to generate simple HTML
help files. I want to pursue saving Frame files as HTML using WebWorks.
Then tweak the HTML using Dreamweaver. Not sure if I will get the chance
as the online help is the brainchild of a manager!

Thanks,
Ken Jacobs
(out of Atlanta traffic to western Virginia snows!)

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com