RE: Educational areas to pursue

Subject: RE: Educational areas to pursue
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:11:07 -0500

>> What's hot? Skills in technology, not skills in writing tools.
>That's a pretty broad statement that may be more regional than anything
>else. Right now in the Denver metro area, you see lots and lots of postings
>for TWs that can convert Word and other docs to FM and that are advanced

Tammy...the poster said she has 4-5 years of Framemaker skills, six years of
RoboHelp, and some experience using Dreamweaver. Therefore, she has the
writing tolls requirements being asked for...even in Denver. Are you saying
that knowing technology isn't gong to give her more bang for the buck than
more of the same writing tools?

The reason I picked the skill that I did was that she included that skill as
something her boss suggested. He suggested database, do it right. If she
had included other skills, I would have too.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
212-414-6656
icq: 178047452
aim: jposada1
"When you only have two minutes to do
something that takes three, wait until you have three"

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com