Re: Educational areas to pursue

Subject: Re: Educational areas to pursue
From: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:32:51 -0500

<<There are arguments for the company paying for the time as well as for
them not paying. In the end, I suspect it is impossible to make general
statements about all such trainings regarding whether the company
should pay or not. Different arrangements are likely appropriate
depending on the exact circumstances.>>

Jan,
As you are in Germany I think you're certainly on the generous end of things
with regards to being paid for training.
Personnally I think the line should be rather simple to draw. If the training is
required to keep the position, the employer should foot the bill for both the
training and the time. If the training is optional, it's up to the employer's
discretion whether they pay for the training and/or time.

Eric L. Dunn

LAST CHANCE for this steal of a deal! Purchase RoboHelp X3 by February 28
and receive $100 mail-in rebate and FREE WebHelp Merge Module ($339 value)!
RoboHelp, the Industry Standard in Help Authoring, has won over 55 industry
awards. For more information please visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2.

"RoboHelp X3 is simply remarkable." - George Bell, Techno-Vision Systems

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com