RE: Having a Life Re: Educational areas to pursue

Subject: RE: Having a Life Re: Educational areas to pursue
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:45:22 -0500

Paul...I don't know if the discussion started that way. I think I was the
first response to the original post, and the position I put forward was that

If the employer was willing to pay for additional learning, and
If the employer gave guidance on what to learn

That the employee should try to comply with his wishes AND what was selected
should be oriented toward technical (I used the example of Oracle
certification) rather than tools (more FM on top of what...4 or 6 years of
existing skill?).

Nowhere in the original post did the poster object to learning, just that
IMHO, what the poster was looking to learn was not the biggest bang for the
buck.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"Alright, nobody move! I've got a dragon here, and I'm not afraid to use it"
---------- Donkey