Re: Query on PageMaker 6.5?

Subject: Re: Query on PageMaker 6.5?
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 09:44:59 -0500

"Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA> had a slightly different take on PageMaker than I did, but I only want to comment on this snip:

>For one thing, creating
>tables in PageMaker is far more tedious than it is in just about any other
>program I've worked with unless you're a wizard with tabs or have a high
>tolerance for the bundled table editor software, which is primitive.

For Frame users, tables are best created in Frame, Word, or Excel and placed in PageMaker as EPS files. My standing advice regarding Adobe Table (and virtually everyone who has ever suffered from it concurs) is:

1. Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Adobe Table

2. Press Enter

It's a dog that should have been euthanized. Primitive doesn't come close to describing it.

However, I understand that Adobe InDesign, which is a modern and more capable program than PageMaker, has a pretty good table editor. Probably not as good as Interleaf's, though <sniff>.

Dick

LAST CHANCE for this steal of a deal! Purchase RoboHelp X3 by February 28
and receive $100 mail-in rebate and FREE WebHelp Merge Module ($339 value)!
RoboHelp, the Industry Standard in Help Authoring, has won over 55 industry
awards. For more information please visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2.

"RoboHelp X3 is simply remarkable." - George Bell, Techno-Vision Systems

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com