RE: Senior/junior level technical writing

Subject: RE: Senior/junior level technical writing
From: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:46:12 -0800

Hi John,
I absolutely agree with you that "senior" doesn't necessarily imply a
hierarchy within a group but rather a level of proficiency. It can, of
course, be part of a hierarchy if there is more than one writer.

I took on a "senior" designation, and forced the issue with my
then-employer, for a couple of reasons. Primarily because the only one
telling me how to do my job (or what to do, for the most part) was me.
There weren't any other writers at the time. (A secondary reason was a
power struggle, but that was with a particularly cocky "senior"
programmer who was dismissive of my input until forced to understand
that I was a peer and was supposed to have input.)

Lisa