RE: Poll?

Subject: RE: Poll?
From: "Mikey Likes It" <send2mikey -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:45:22 -0500

Anita Legsdin wrote:

Judge not, lest ye be judged. No question is silly--the fact that we ask
all possible questions qualifies us as writers. We demonstrate ourselves
to be good writers when we can paraphrase in a manner so as not to
offend. It's OK to disagree with the question, but assigning a label to
the questioner invites bad feelings and flaming.

Here! Here!

There is some judging endemic to this list, including previous cowardly and baseless characterizations concerning racism and xenophobia. I agree that subscribers should be free to ask whatever question they like without being clobbered by the technical communications intelligentsia. Fine! Disagree with a question or with some other matter raised in a post. However, assigning a label from the comfort of your desktop, or making false assumptions about the questioner stifles many other questioners and adds a chill to this forum.

Isn't it enough to simply indicate that a particular question or request is perhaps not practical. Dick Margulis explained clearly and succinctly the various avenues for graphic formats. However, it was wrapped with an implication that the questioner was foolish or weak-minded. Why was it necessary to chide in this manner? Why not take it off list?

Regards,
Michael Bryans

LAST CHANCE for this steal of a deal! Purchase RoboHelp X3 by February 28
and receive $100 mail-in rebate and FREE WebHelp Merge Module ($339 value)!
RoboHelp, the Industry Standard in Help Authoring, has won over 55 industry
awards. For more information please visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2.

"RoboHelp X3 is simply remarkable." - George Bell, Techno-Vision Systems

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com