RE: Gender neutral - any new developments in your neck of the woods?

Subject: RE: Gender neutral - any new developments in your neck of the woods?
From: "Sue Ahrenhold" <SAhrenhold -at- IpdSolution -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 14:55:59 -0500

Ms is marital-status neutral.

I use Ms. Ahrenhold at work, but to telemarketers, I'm Mrs. Wallace, known at school as Krista's Mom.
I married late, and all my degrees and professional experience are in Ahrenhold.
One friend had just completed therapy when she married, and she simply couldn't bear throwing
away all that money she had spent coming to terms with who she was!
Many women I know only gave up on their "birth names" when the school systems proved totally
incapable of handling the fact that mothers and fathers can have different names without
the necessity for "Heather's Parents Live in Separate Houses."