RE: word for "interconnected software components" ??

Subject: RE: word for "interconnected software components" ??
From: "Mike Hiatt" <mhiatt -at- vocaldata -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 15:27:57 -0600

Sorry to be so long in responding.

How about inter-related? I like the jigsaw idea for your graphical representation IF there are rules that define which modules can and can't be used with each other to the point that you can limit the relationships instead of every piece can be connected to every piece.

For example, there may be a variety of financial modules, but only two or three of them talk to other modules in other areas. Or maybe everybody talks to a one or more databases and you can use a network type design to illustrate it.

Hope this helps.

Mike Hiatt
Manager, Tech Pubs
VocalData, Inc.