Re: ADMIN: Various things

Subject: Re: ADMIN: Various things
From: Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 16:34:07 -0800 (PST)

Hey, am looking for a hand with MS Word 2002 SP2 (on
WinXP) numbered lists.

I have a style defined that includes a numbered list.
I use this for procedures.

I want each procedure to renumber at one. By default,
the style numbers continuously through the document.

If I select where I want the numbering to restart, and
right-click and select Restart Numbering, the
numbering restarts but also takes on an extra,
unwanted indent that was not defined in the style.

This can be avoided by going in the long way and using
Format > Styles and Formatting > Format > Numbering
and re-selecting the number-list style, then clicking
OK to get out and when the little pop-up box appears,
choose restart numbering. <phew!> I'd prefer the
right-click way.

And, sometimes, when a numbered list follows a
non-numbered Heading style, if I right-click the first
number and choose to restart numbering, the restart
applies to the second item in the numbered list and
not the first; the fix to this is to insert a body
text tag between the Heading and first step at which I
want the numbering to restart.

Can anyone shed any light on this apparent chaos and
insanity?

Cheers,

Sean

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE
RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total
giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com