RE: Tech Writer Wannabe Wants to Enhance Skills

Subject: RE: Tech Writer Wannabe Wants to Enhance Skills
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:31:41 -0500

Morgan...lack of technical knowledge may or may not...it depends on whether
the particular situation needs technical knowledge. What concerns me more is
the ABILITY to understand technical concepts. You can get knowledge. You
cannot "get" the ability to understand technical concepts. Most of what most
of us do is based on the ability to gain an understanding of technical
concepts.

>First, I believe it's important to say that I was
>a Computer Science major for a while, but I quit because I had problems
>understanding the theoretical applications of my job-such as data
>structures and algorithms. Will my lack of technical knowledge hurt me?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"Alright, nobody move! I've got a dragon here, and I'm not afraid to use it"
---------- Donkey

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE
RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total
giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com