RE: Dictionary of electrical engineering terms

Subject: RE: Dictionary of electrical engineering terms
From: "Miller, Alan" <Alan -dot- Miller -at- prometric -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:22:42 -0500

G'Day,

The IEEE (ieee.org, I believe) an excellent place to start, as Bonnie Granat suggested. Another place is right where you work. Look around for a reference library where they keep all the codes and standards they use to design and manufacture their products. Their manufacturing engineers and design engineers should be able to help you out, in fact, would be delighted to. If you show these guys a curiousity and interest in the technology outside what you need for a particular document, they'll happily teach you the business. (The occasional beer wouldn't hurt, either.) Just don't monopolize their time.

HTH

Al Miller
Chief Documentation Curmudgeon
Prometric, a part of The Thomson Corporation
Baltimore, Maryland
www.prometric.com

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
-- Hanlon's Razor