Re: Bunch of Wiseacres, Aren't We? (Was: BAD Writing)

Subject: Re: Bunch of Wiseacres, Aren't We? (Was: BAD Writing)
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:51:56 -0700

Another thing you might try is to take a piece of decent writing, run it
through some translation software to translate it into, say, Spanish, then
run it through again to translate it back to English. That's bound to do
some damage. If not, run it through yet another language before bringing
it back to English.

Then tweak your "bad" text, changing the nonsensical bad translations that
will inevitably occur (such as "software bedroom" as opposed to "software
suite"), and you may end up with a nice chunk of awkward prose you can
work with. And this way you can choose your topic.

Let me know if that works - it's just a notion I had.

Keith Cronin

If writing silly sig lines is wrong, I don't want to be right.
- translated to German, to French, and back to English:
If to write of Siglinien stupid it is false, I did not want to be right.

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE
RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total
giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com