RE: Embedded help for a web based application

Subject: RE: Embedded help for a web based application
From: "Pooja Malhotra" <pooja -dot- malhotra -at- induslogic -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:50:22 +0530

Well, I have been able to convince the developers to modify the GUI but
our clients are non-technical people and they do not want any GUI
changes. They have around 40-50 operators who already have experience in
using the application, so, they do not want me to explain how the
Customer ID is getting generated or where it is coming from. They just
want me to be didactic for the operators and their work soon finished!

I am surprised that they do not want me to consider anything related to:
what if they recruit new operators or new Supervisors or what if some of
them leave!! There are certain processes which a new joinee would never
be able to accomplish unless explained. (I have been told that in the
coming months, number of operators and supervisors is going to increase)

Should I just write the instructions in the Help and get over and done
with it? I guess there is nothing I can do about it when the client is
not bothered but it would leave me very unsatisfied with the kind of
help I'll be producing.

Many thanks for your input though,

Pooja

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE
RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total
giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com