RE: About SDK documentation

Subject: RE: About SDK documentation
From: "Lydia Wong" <lydiaw -at- fpoint -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:52:17 -0500

Dennis asked:

> I'd like to be directed to a good site / book / article about SDK
> documentation... what it IS, what it consists of, how to go about it, etc.
> Thanks!

You might want to join our API/SDK Tech Writers Yahoo group, Dennis. You can
join at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nettechwriters/. The group is
specifically for those of us who do API and SDK documentation. If you post
your question there, I think you'll get some good feedback. However, there
isn't a lot to go on in general for this kind of documentation (no books
that I know of, for example). If you're worried about too much mail from the
list, don't be. We're very on target and we must be a busy group, because we
don't have oodles of traffic.

I will second Geoff's recommendation of Gordon and Gordon's workbook. It's
an excellent starting place. (I know Manny Gordon too, but I bought the
workbook before I met him, so I'm not too biased. ;-)

Finally, the archives in TechWr-L are a good place to look for information.
Over the years there have been many good posts about API and SDK writing.

HTH,

Lydia
Lydia Wong
Technical Writer
FarPoint Technologies, Inc.
www.fpoint.com
Moderator, API Tech Writing Yahoo Group

Order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE
RoboScreenCapture, WebHelp Merge Module and iMarkupSoftware, for a total
giveaway value of $473! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com